Kathy Northington, Superintendent of Schools / Curriculum
Sharon Miller, Administrative Assistant
Services offered by the curriculum department are focused on supporting schools and districts as they work to improve student achievement and education in Calaveras County Schools. Services include but are not limited to:
- Curriculum consultant services to districts and administrative staff
- Coordinate professional development for certificated and classified staff
- Coordinate county-wide student participation events
- Make connections to regional and statewide curriculum resources
- Support districts in making instructional material selections
- Support for curriculum development, implementation and assessment of the California Content Standards and Curriculum Frameworks
- Work with schools around Program Improvement requirements
Design and implement staff development which addresses curricular needs, instructional strategies, effective assessment practices, leadership, and other topics as needs indicate in annual surveys.
It is the goal of the curriculum department to sponsor and support activities which facilitate linkages between districts and schools within the county, between districts and the state department, and between regional projects and schools/districts. It is also the goal of the department to keep districts apprised of pending legislation affecting curriculum as well as to interpret current legislation.