The Calaveras County SELPA/AU assists the four school districts in providing a continuum of special education services for student throughout Calaveras County. The CCOE SELPA/AU all also has the direct responsibility of providing the following:
- Speech and Language services for preschool students.
- Occupational Therapy
Adapted Physical Education
- Physical Therapy
- Behavior Services
- Vision Services
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- School Psychologist Services
- Infant & Toddler services
Assistive Technology services
- Behavioral/Mental Health services
- Transition Services
- Nursing is provided by CCOE or the district's nursing staff.
The Calaveras County SELPA is funded to provide specialized services for special education students ages 3-22 years. These services address the needs of students with the following:
As appropriate and per each student's IEP, a student can be served in a program in either a district or the CCOE SELPA/AU program.
- Moderate to severe disabilities in the areas of autism.
- Intellectual disability
- Emotional disturbance
- Orthopedic disabilities
- Visual impairment
- Deaf/hard of hearing and those student with multiple disabilities
Contact Us:Administrative SecretaryVeronica Ferdin209email@example.com
Assistant Superintendent/SELPA DirectorJanine Schumann
Program ManagerPreschool ProgramsAndria Tiquet
Program ManagerNon-Public SchoolsSarah Goodman