Foster Youth Services
The Calaveras County Office of Education’s Foster Youth Services Coordinating Program (FYSCP) is to provide support to foster youth and districts through guidance and inter-agency collaboration around school permanency, enrollment and streamlined school transitions with the outcome of increasing academic success for students in foster care.
The collaborative integrates community resources for families and provides children opportunities for real permanence; promotes a safe, stable, healthy, nurturing environment enabling children to flourish and become independent, productive adults making responsible choices.
What Does FYS Do?
- Advocate for timely and appropriate school placements
- Assist students and foster care providers to access needed academic support services, including special education
- Recommend and make referrals to needed community support services
- Assist foster care providers to understand and navigate the school system
- Work with placing agencies to minimize changes in school placement
- Facilitate the transfer of school records for foster children
- Act as a liaison between care providers, schools and placing agencies
FYSCP Executive Advisory Council
The function of the Executive Advisory Council is to prioritize services, efforts and training for FYSCP and on a bimonthly basis review the progress of foster youth services coordinating program.
Executive Advisory Members
- County Mental Health
- County Child Welfare
- Special Education Local Plan Agency (SELPA)
- County Behavioral Health
- Health and Human Services
- First 5
- Sierra Child and Family Services
- Environmental Alternatives
- Local Law Enforcement
- Local Education Agencies