The Calaveras County Office of Education (CCOE) Credentialing and Certification Services is part of the Personnel Services Department. For assistance with all credentialing and certification issues, email Titia Ashby, or call (209) 736-6002.
Credentialing and Certification Services at CCOE include the following:
- Registration of credentials for all certificated personnel in Calaveras County.
- Serving as a liaison to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) for Calaveras County’s four (4) school districts and county office.
- Providing applications, forms, and registration materials for the following exams: CBEST, CTEL (formerly CLAD), RICA, and CSET Subject Matter.
- Processes applications for teaching credentials and permits through CTC.
- Providing evaluation and counseling services for teachers and permit holders seeking additional authorizations, transcript evaluations, and out-of-state credentialed teachers seeking California certification.
- Monitoring certificated and licensed assignments in Calaveras County to ensure personnel are instructing and/or providing service for which they are appropriately credentialed and/or licensed. This is in compliance with state legislation (Education Code) and regulation (California Code of Regulations, Title 5).
- Recruitment and publication of the County-Wide Substitute Teachers List for use by public schools within Calaveras County.
- Issuing Temporary County Certificates (TCCs).